Blog Submission Guidelines
thank you for your interest in My Wellbeing and our community blog.
we value adding diverse perspectives and experiences to our communal understanding of health, wellness, and therapy. your content helps us to expand our vision and experience.
want to write, but feeling stuck? please consult the list below for content ideas. this list is designed to prompt reflection and is by no means exclusive.
relevant content themes:
- Personal experiences with therapy or wellness
- Personal best practices for heightened wellbeing
- Evidence-based or research-proven reviews of best practices for therapy or wellbeing
- Reviews of different kinds of therapy
- Explanations of why one therapy works especially well with particular issue areas
- Professional publications related to therapeutic theory, behavioral health, social justice, or self-care
- Creative writing about mental health and wellbeing
- Reviews of favorite places to eat healthy, relax, or connect with community
- Reflections on how to make the most of therapy
- Reflections on frustrations with the therapist-finding process and thoughts on how to improve these systems
- Thought pieces on behavioral health and technology
- Thought pieces on health and wellness and entrepreneurship
- Trend pieces reviewing statistics on mental health and wellness
If you do not see your topic specifically listed above but believe you and your writing are a good fit for our community, please reach out following the guidelines below.
We accept pieces from an eclectic background of writers. We especially encourage mental health and wellness enthusiasts, consumers, professionals, practitioners, and students to reach out.
when submitting a piece, please adhere to the following guidelines:
Email your piece in a Word document format to firstname.lastname@example.org
use the subject line: [blog submission][your name][title of the piece]
save your word document file as: [blog submission][your name][title of the piece]
include in the body of the email a 2-4 sentence description of your piece and a 2-4 sentence writer bio
choose a title that describes your piece in 50 characters or less
Write your piece in Times New Roman, double-spaced, 12-pt font
Include a cover page with your name, your 2-4 sentence bio, and a 2-3 sentence description of your piece
in-line Cite or link any statistics, papers, or theories referenced in your piece (please, no plagiarism!)
Link all places, communities, or people referenced in your piece
Please include a 4-5 sentence “about the author” for the introduction of the piece
Please provide one image you would like to be paired with your piece. Please indicate whether you are willing to replace this image if deemed inappropriate for any reason. please ensure you have all necessary rights to use this media.
Please note: Submissions are considered on a rolling basis. We will do our best to follow up with you within two weeks regarding whether we will publish your piece. If you do not hear from a member of the My Wellbeing team after the two-week point, feel free to follow up.
thank you! we look forward to hearing your stories.
The My Wellbeing Team