More About My Wellbeing
Where are My Wellbeing therapists located?
My Wellbeing therapists are concentrated primarily in Manhattan and Brooklyn, with some presence in Queens, Long Island, and New Jersey. A number of My Wellbeing therapists offer remote, video- or phone-based therapy after an initial meeting or series of meetings in-person.
How do you match me with therapists?
My Wellbeing uses a careful matching process to ensure you are paired with the most compatible fit. We consider:
- Logistical factors like fee, location and availability,
- Technique (for example, would you benefit more from working with someone who utilizes a concrete goals-oriented approach, or more fluid insight-oriented approach?),
- Personality factors (such as extroversion, warmth, and directness, among others), and
- Expertise (ensuring that a therapist specializes in working with relevant issues and demographics)
What do I need to know going into therapy?
During your first session, your therapist will be getting to know you. They will likely ask questions about what has brought you to therapy, including your past and present. Together, you will explore goals for your work moving forward.
If you have specific goals for therapy, if you've seen a therapist before and have a sense of what did or did not work, or you have fears or hesitations about therapy, your first session is a great opportunity to share this information with your therapist.
The most important thing to remember? Trust yourself. Therapy is a space you can be honest, with your therapist and with yourself. It's important to find a good fit. We (and your therapist) are here to help you feel safe, seen, and heard.
How do I know if my therapist is a good fit?
Safety is an important factor in therapy. Sometimes, it takes time for this sense of safety to grow. It's important to feel safe sharing with your therapist.
In your first few sessions with your therapist, ask yourself:
- Do you feel as though you are creating a safe space together to explore your needs, pains, celebrations, and goals?
- Do you trust your therapist is listening to you, and hearing what you are saying?
- Do you find your curiosity about your identity, needs, goals, and experiences is peaked?
- Would you like to see this person again next week?
Have additional questions?
Ready to get started?
Complete your My Wellbeing questionnaire to receive your therapist match within 24 hours.