More About My Wellbeing
Have a question not answered below, or looking for more personalized guidance?
We are here to help.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, or share your name and email with our team to get started with your therapist connection.
Where are My Wellbeing therapists located?
My Wellbeing therapists are concentrated primarily in Manhattan and Brooklyn, with some presence in Queens, Long Island, and New Jersey. A number of My Wellbeing therapists offer remote, video- or phone-based therapy after an initial meeting or series of meetings in-person.
How do you match people with therapists?
My Wellbeing uses a careful matching process to ensure you are paired with the most compatible fit. We consider:
- Logistical factors like location and schedule,
- Technique (for example, would you benefit more from working with someone who utilizes a concrete goals-oriented approach, or more fluid insight-oriented approach?),
- Personality factors (such as extroversion, warmth, and directness, among others), and
- Expertise (ensuring that a therapist specializes in working with relevant issues and demographics)
What do I need to know going into therapy?
During your first session, your therapist will be getting to know you. They will likely ask questions about your personality, what has brought you to therapy, and your past.
Together, you will explore goals for your work moving forward.
If you have specific goals for therapy, or if you've seen a therapist before and have a sense of what did or did not work, your first session is a great opportunity to share this information with your therapist.
How do I know if my therapist is a good fit?
Safety is an important factor in therapy. Sometimes, it takes time for this sense of safety to grow. It's important to feel safe sharing with your therapist. Often, as we are digging into painful and unexplored territory, therapy may not feel comfortable, no matter how strong the fit. Despite the discomfort, when you have a strong fit, you are likely to feel safe, heard, and seen.
In your first couple of sessions with your therapist, ask yourself:
- Do you feel as though you are creating a safe space together to explore your needs, pains, celebrations, and goals?
- Do you trust your therapist is listening to you, and hearing what you are saying?
- Do you find your curiosity about your identity, needs, goals, and experiences is peaked?
- Would you like to see this person again next week?
Have additional questions?
Ready to start your journey?
Share your name and email with the My Wellbeing team to get started.